rris Services Limited was formed in June 2006 by James Morris and operates from our electrical training centre in Kingswood, Bristol, BS15 1AW. James has been teaching electrical installation courses within the further education sector since 1997. Prior to this he ran a successful electrical and security contracting business in Bristol following 10 years working for BT. His passion is seeing candidates achieve their full potential through creating a relaxed, candidate focused, professional teaching and learning environment.
Following the successful delivery of a range of electrotechnical short course qualifications accredited through City & Guilds from its suites based within the Avondale Business Centre since 2006, he decided to resign from his senior lecturer position within the FE sector and embark on an extensive expansion programme for his own business.
He has been extremely fortunate to secure the support of two dedicated and highly respected academic staff, namely Mr Les Holmes & Mr Alan Wilson, both of whom have over thirty years experience working within further education and the electrotechnical sector within Bristol.
Our focus is on ensuring all delegates receive the highest standards of teaching and learning within the electro-technical discipline. The company mission statement reflects this 'our aim is your success'.
All courses are delivered by professional lecturing staff who have both the vocational hands-on experience to give clear, up to date and above all relevant best practice along with the academic skills and experience for your success. All academic staff are registered with the professional bodies, such as, Institute for Learning, Engineering Council and the Institution of Engineering Technology. The quality assurance and management team are full members of the Institution of Leadership and Management, the Chartered Institute of Educational Assessors and hold professionally qualified persons, professional and managerial health and safety CSCS cards.
Courses are structured to integrate as much practical hands on training as possible together with the theoretical aspects of the programme. We offer a wide range of electro-technical courses including:-
- City & Guilds 2382-15 Level 3 Award in Requirements for Electrical Installations BS7671:2008 (2015) Amendment 3.
- City & Guilds 2382-18 Level 3 Award in Requirements for Electrical Installations BS7671:2008 (2015) Amendment 3 One Day CPD Update + Examination (Rules Apply!)
- City & Guilds 2377-22 Level 3 Award in the In Service Inspection & Testing of Electrical Equipment (PAT)
- City & Guilds 2377-32 Level 3 Award in the Management Requirements for the Maintenance of Electrical Equipment
- City & Guilds 2392-10 Level 2 Certificate in Fundamental Inspection, Testing & Initial Verification
- City & Guilds 2393-10 Level 3
Morris Services Ltd's Centre Director and key staff (where appropriate) are accredited members of the following bodies:
Morris Services Limited is registered with the UK Register of Learning Providers: UK Provider Reference Number is 10022289